Saturday, June 18, 2011

the ends justify the means

Today’s prompt was when do the ends justify the means?   That is a question that is a bit hard to answer, because I am one who decides things by actions and consequences.  They are similar but not the same.  Although can say that the ends justifies the means as long a person is willing to accept the consequences.
A good example of this is if someone angers another, if the other is willing to accept the consequence of being charged with assault then beating the crap out of the one that angered them is justified by the willingness to accept the consequences of using that means to shut the other person up.  However, my freedom means a lot to me so any action that would get me in trouble with the law isn’t an option.
If one doesn’t care about a person, to use them to get what they want is justifiable cause if the person lets them they decided to allow it. Neither party is harmed by it.  Chances are if the person doesn’t like the idea of being used for the others gain than that person probably won’t associate with the other and both will be no worse for wear.
When I do things especially with other people I weigh the actions against the possible consequences.  This leaves it so that in everything I do the ends always justifies the means because I won’t take the option if I am not willing to accept the consequences. 


No comments:

Post a Comment