Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Popularity minutewriter response

Popular:  Were you popular as a Kid?  Are you now?  Popularity is a funny thing, was I popular, well if being popular is everyone knowing who you are and not being able to say they don’t like you. If that’s the case yeah, I was popular, people have never disliked being with me and most people who have met me even remember who I am.

However, in my case it didn’t matter, one of my friends in high school was the captain of the football team; most of the girls in my class liked me.  Sounds like I was popular, but I would be able to point out that that would be wrong, yes I was friends with the football team, most of my class liked me, and I had seen more than half the girls in my class naked.  Then again I was the guy who it was fun to be friends with, even the girls treated me like their best friend, and that is all I ever really was to most of them.  I only seen two f the handful of girls I dated naked and even that didn’t go too far.

Most the time my friends were there because I was safe.  They convince their parents they was with me and their parents would be lenient because if they was with me it couldn’t be anything bad and then they would go off and do what they wanted too, sometimes I got to hang around others I was dropped off for.

In the end I was a popular alibi.  As for now, I am popular enough I guess, people I work with know me some like me, some dislike me but overall the popularity contest generally stops at adulthood in most of the worlds social circles, and I am not part of the few in which popularity matters.  Personally I don’t care to be in those circles either.  I am proud of who I am and will be myself always and as for what others think about me, I don’t give a damn, it doesn’t make a difference one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment